Got this list from Oprah.com. I really love it! I was inspired to make my own list of things I know for sure which follows this one. It is harder than it appears! I encourage you to make your own. FeeFee
20 things Oprah knows for sure…..
1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what. (This is my creed.)
2. You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your script.
3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson from Maya Angelou.)
5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
6. What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
7. If the only prayer you ever say is thank you, that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart.)
8. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
9. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
11. Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn’t lie.
12. Love yourself and then learn to extend that love to others in every encounter.
13. Let passion drive your profession.
14. Find a way to get paid for doing what you love. Then every paycheck will be a bonus.
15. Love doesn’t hurt. It feels really good.
16. Every day brings a chance to start over.
17. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere must declare it so.
18. Doubt means don’t. Don’t move. Don’t answer. Don’t rush forward.
19. When you don’t know what to do, get still. The answer will come.
20. “Trouble don’t last always.” (A line from a Negro spiritual, which calls to mind another favorite: This, too, shall pass.)
Things I know for sure…
1. You (I) shall be secure because of hope. (Job 11:18)- These words were given to me by my sister Angie and have remained in my heart ever since.
2. Things are not always as they first appear. (first maxim learned in Sociology class by Dr Charles Gallmeier)
3. One cannot love God and money at the same time. (from The Bible)
4. All things don’t happen for a reason- sometimes they just happen. With that being said, something good can come out of any situation- sometimes you have to dig really deep to find it though.
5. There is no such thing as a dumb question.
6. Freedom of will means you don’t have to justify yourself for your life’s choices. Those who love you won’t expect you to anyhow.
7. If someone apologizes with sincerity you should forgive them. Every person has the capability of apologizing. It is a choice. If they do not show remorse or regret, it is not our responsibility to forgive them. It doesn’t make us a better person to repeatedly get hurt.
8. Things always look easier on paper- That’s why I write them down! :)
9. Once you become an adult, you and you alone are responsible for your own physical and mental well-being. If you need help, seek help. It’s no one else’s job to do it for you.
10. Life is what you make of it.
11. Things are not good or bad- it is our attachment to them, reaction to them, feelings for them and level of importance we give them that make them seem good or bad.
12. Emotional scars are worse than physical scars.
13. People can change.
14. God loves those who love Him. He doesn’t pick favorites acccording to class, religion, race or status in this life.
15. The people you choose to associate yourself with can say a lot about you.
16. I am my harshest critic. I am much too hard on myself.
17. If everyone simply treated each other the way they want to be treated, the world would be a much better place.
18. Sadly, too much emphasis is placed on outward appearances.
19. Time is the most important gift you can give someone.
20. Seek and you shall find. (Mathew 7:7)
21. A gift given from the heart doesn’t expect anything in return.